October Family Activities: Chasing Shadows, Catching SoundsPast, Family Activities Tue 18 Oct – Thu 27 Oct, 10am - 12noon & 1 - 3pm, Tue, Wed & Thu
We go beneath the galleries, to an immersive space where we play and hide with the shadows and capture the echo of sounds around us.
Taking inspiration from our current exhibition Hollow Earth, submerge yourself in this underworld and together we will make and build a new imaginary habitat to play and create.
The workshops are drop-in; however, we invite you to book a space for your session as spaces are limited.
Our sessions take place on Tue, Wed & Thu, 18 – 27 Oct, at the following times:
10:00 - 12 noon
13:00 – 15:00
Book a ticket per person, including adults and children. Online bookings end at the start of each session.
Please note these family workshops are an immersive experience, the lighting is varied, there are bright lights and dim areas, with moving lights. There will be times and areas where the lights are very low to enable shadow play, we have torches to support your play and creativity should you require them.
If you are having difficulty or would like support in completing your booking, please call us on (0115 948 9750).
Free. Limited Capacity. Booking is required.
- Our family activities are held in our large ground floor space, called The Space.
- We have a Changing Places facility.
- We are a Breastfeeding Welcome venue.
- All our Play & Learn Facilitators hold a current DBS certificate.
- All our Play & Learn Facilitators have annual safeguarding training.
- We have staff on duty who are First Aid at Work, and Paediatric First Aid, trained.
- We are a member of the Family Arts Campaign.
- Our current exhibition is Hollow Earth: Art, Caves & The Subterranean Imaginary
Entry to our exhibitions and our family activities is free.
Our Gallery Assistants are on hand to support a happy and safe environment. Please help by listening to their guidance and let them know if you need any assistance or guidance during your visit.
We ask for you not to take food and drink inside the exhibitions, however you are more than welcome to have your snacks and drinks if attending our Family Activities in the Space.